The following is not relevant to the PS3 and Xbox 360 users.
Lophophora or Peyote is an actual plant of the cactus family. In GTA 5, if you eat this plant, it will have a strong hallucinogenic effect on your character and turn him into an animal. The in-game laws will still apply to you, however, so you should avoid making new enemies and getting Wanted levels.
You can play like this for as long as you want until you get bored or killed in the game. The range of playable animals is wide.
- After you eat a peyote plant, you will turn into a canine: Collie, Labrador, Husky, Pug, Poodle, Rottweiler or Terrier.
- Wild animals are also an option: boars, cats, cows, coyotes, mountain lions, deer, rabbits and pigs.
- The marine life includes regular fish, dolphins, killer whale, hammerhead sharks, tiger sharks and stingrays.
- You can also play as crows, chickens, hawks, pigeons or seagulls.
- And of course, the legendary Sasquatch!
Some animals have special abilities (defecate in midair, bark, meow, moo etc.) There’s a total of 27 Peyote plants in the game. They disappear if you eat them, but once all 27 are eaten, they will respawn. The spawn points of cacti are marked on the map in this article, there is also information about the more detailed location of the plants.